Electroplating Process on Plastics
Conduct Yourself Appropriately!
When plating on substrates such as Platable ABS and ABS/PC Blends, it’s all about the quality of the conductivity. Our processes provide you with the following benefits:
- Electroless Copper – applied autocatalytically to provide a conductive layer for subsequent electroplating processes
- Semi-bright Copper Strike – adds thickness, improves plating adhesion, and protects against metal burn-off at the point of rack contact
- Bright Acid Copper – provides leveling and good thermal cycling
- Semi-Bright Nickel – protects copper and adds corrosion resistance
- Bright Nickel – strengthens the plastic and provides a highly reflective finish
- Satin Nickel – strengthens plastic and provides luster
- Micro-pourus Nickel – Increase corrosion restistance
- Chrome – protects nickel layer against corrosion and provides a clean final finish
- Multiple de-ionized water rinses and hot air dryers – prevent water spotting
Important Notice: To Help Keep Costs Down
Molding parameters affect plating performance. Consult MPC and your resin supplier for proper melt temperatures, packing pressures, cycle times, drying parameters, and resin composition.
Production Size Limits: 48” X 120” X 12”